This Day in History: 2012-05-13
The opening and consecration of St. Stephen’s Anglican Church, on Stirling Terrace, Toodyay, by Bishop Mathew Blagden Hale on 9 May 1862, was celebrated. A Thanksgiving Eucharist Service was followed by lunch and a bus tour to St. Philip’s Anglican Church, Culham. A photographic and memorabilia exhibition was held in the Church Hall in Toodyay. The Toodyay Historical Society had assisted with photographs and chronologies about both churches. The Archbishop of Perth, the Most Rev. Roger Herft, was a special guest. He blessed the new Mac and Elsie Wroth Memorial Gates in the church grounds.
Toodyay herald, June 1912, p.16 (photo).