This Day in History: 1996-11-01

1996 November early: The WA Bureau of Meteorology closed Toodyay’s official rainfall recording site because of the deterioration of the site behind the Toodyay Post Office, Stirling Terrace (factors were town development and the growth of trees). The Bureau sought a new recording volunteer and site. Rainfall recordings in Toodyay first started in 1877.

Source:
Toodyay herald, Nov. 1996, p. 4.