This Day in History: 1995-11-19
Over 100 people celebrated the centenary of the consecration of St. Philip’s Anglican Church, Culham, which occurred on 15 September 1895. Some of the congregation had to stand outside of the oldest church (partially built in 1852) in the Avon Valley. The Venerable Norman Apthorp was the guest preacher at Evensong. A shared tea followed at ‘Culham’ farm.
Toodyay herald, Dec. 1995, p.3 (photo).