This Day in History: 1990-11-16
The Hon. Minister for Planning approved the ‘Shire of Toodyay, Town Planning Scheme No. 3 – Special Rural Zones’. The Scheme had the purposes of:
- Zoning land for Rural Small Holdings.
- Enabling the development of Rural Small Holdings in a controlled, orderly manner with a minimum detriment to the Shire environment.
- Establishing certain criteria for the planning and development of such lands.
- Setting aside land for future public use as Reserves.
- Other matters authorised by the enabling Act.
The Scheme described seven “Policy Areas”, which outlined development guidelines for the various Special Rural Zones. These area were: No. 1: Julimar Farms, Julimar Springs, Marri Glades and two other un-named areas; No. 2: Woodland Heights, Brookdale; No. 3: Majestic Heights, Majestic Waters and one other un-named area; No. 4: Royd Nook, Hendersons; No. 5: Bejoording; No. 6: Wicklow Hills Estate; No. 7: Rolling Green, Gidgegannup Springs, and one other un-named area.
WA government gazette, 8 Feb. 1991, pp. 627-641.
Toodyay herald, Dec. 1988, p.7.