This Day in History: 1979-06-08
A ‘Back to Toodyay Schools’ day was held in Toodyay, as well as a Farmers’ Market, historical pageant and school historical displays. 1,000 ex-pupils and ex-teachers were expected. The Farmers’ Market was opened by William Henry Potter (Toodyay State School headmaster in 1931-1936). That year was the 25th Anniversary of the Toodyay District High School’s move to its present site on School Road (now Drummond Street East). A time capsule was to be sealed into a wall.
Central districts herald-tribune, 22 Mar. 1979, p.13; 19 April 1979, p.3.
Northam advertiser, 19 April 1979, p.8.