This Day in History: 1979-02-19
The Aboriginal Lands Trust had agreed with the Toodyay Shire Council’s proposals relating to Reserve No. 16599 (the Noongar Cemetery near the Toodyay Showgrounds) which was originally gazetted in 1916. In return for a portion of the reserve land, the Council agreed to fence the reserve, install a plaque and maintain and revegetate the area.
Toodyay Shire Council minutes, 20 Nov. 1978; 19 Feb. 1979.