This Day in History: 1964-11-15
Toodyay’s Methodist congregation held its first service in the new Methodist Chapel in the former Old Duke Street School building. Rev. S. Hodgkins, President of the Methodist Conference, opened and dedicated the new chapel, assisted by local minister Barry Angus. The Church of England Minister Rev. Paul Atkins was presented with a cheque as compensation for the Methodists using St. Stephen’s Church for almost 2 years, since the old Methodist Church (opened in 1898), further up the hill, had been demolished in 1963.
Avon Valley news-express, 19 Nov. 1964, p.4.
West Australian, 13 Nov. 1964, p.16.
Toodyay herald, Feb. 2005, p.32.
Northam advertiser, 3 Dec. 1898, p.3.