This Day in History: 1960-10-15
The Sir Ernest Lee-Steere Memorial was opened at the Toodyay Showgrounds by the Premier Hon. David Brand M.L.A. The original 1951 Exhibition Hall had been extended by a new front section, using funds donated by the Lee-Steere family. The hall was then known as the Lee-Steere Pavilion.
Plaque on building.
Toodyay Agricultural Society minutes (Acc 6299A, Battye Library, State Library of Western Australia), 1961, p.60.