This Day in History: 1959-08-24
At the second Annual General Meeting of the Toodyay Bowling Club and the Toodyay Croquet Club, it was agreed to form a Ladies Associates (Bowls) Club, with Preston Maitland Hamersley being the Patron of all three clubs. The meeting also agreed to the proposal to build a club house on the river side of Stirling Park, using plans produced by Ron Turner. Frank Woch was engaged to do the construction, with help from members. Building permission had been approved by the Governor, as the Toodyay Road Board had to borrow funds for the construction, to be repaid by the Club in due course.
Toodyay Bowling Club minutes, 6 Aug. 1959; 11 Aug. 1959, 24 Aug. 1959 (copy in Toodyay Historical Society archives).
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 8 Aug. 1959.
WA government gazette, 28 Aug. 1959, p.2233.