This Day in History: 1958-10-18
The Public Works Dept. let the contract to Mr. Broderick for the removal of the old building adjacent to the Toodyay Court House in Fiennes Street. This old building, built in 1854 as the Toodyay Depot Infirmary, was Toodyay’s first public hospital. It had later been used as a drill room and store but most recently as the home of local Norman Campbell until his death on 28 May that year.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 15 Feb. 1958; 12 April 1958; 14 June 1958; 18 Oct. 1958.
Alison Cromb. The history of the Toodyay Convict Depot. A. Cromb, 2010, p.108.