This Day in History: 1957-06-19
Another public meeting called by the Toodyay Chamber of Commerce was held in the CWA Hall discuss the formation of a bowling club.The meeting, chaired by Road Board Chairman Edward Davy, agreed to form the Toodyay Bowling Club. Immediately following that meeting, the inaugural meeting of the Toodyay Bowling Club was held, with T.W. (Bill) Hunter elected President and H.W. Daglish Secretary-Treasurer. Preston Hamersley was nominated as Patron. The Club wished to build a bowling green and a croquet lawn.
Toodyay Bowling Club minutes, 19 June 1957 (copy in Toodyay Historical Society archives).
Toodyay herald, Mar. 2001, p.25.