This Day in History: 1957-06-08
The Minister for Works approved the proposal for the Crown Law Dept. and the Toodyay Road Board sharing the use of the Toodyay Court House in Fiennes Street. The projected cost estimates were: Public Works Dept. £750, the Board £150 pounds, with a total of £1,000. The Board would have a 10 year lease of the building (with a right of renewal) for £5 or £10 pa. The Board later accepted the terms offered.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 11 May 1957, 8 June 1957; 20 July 1957.