This Day in History: 1956-12-08
The Toodyay Road Board declared that the name of the Toodyay Town Hall was officially changed to the Toodyay Memorial Hall. A plaque was to be added to the Hall’s exterior to record the changes to the Hall. The Toodyay RSL Sub-branch was to be asked to transfer the funds held by them re the works on the Hall. The official opening was planned to be ANZAC Day in 1957, but this did not occur on that date.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 8 Dec. 1956.