This Day in History: 1956-09-08
The Toodyay RSL Sub-branch had agreed to the terms of the proposed agreement with the Toodyay Road Board relating to its use and renaming of the Town Hall and the transfer of RSL Sub-branch funds towards the Hall’s extension and refurbishment. The Toodyay war memorial honour boards were to be sent to Cumpston’s (Engravers) in Perth for reconditioning and the addition of one name (F. Stamp) to the 1914-1918 memorial. The boards would then be hung in the Lesser Hall of the Toodyay Town Hall.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 11 Aug. 1956; 8 Sept. 1956.