This Day in History: 1956-03-12
The West Toodyay Bridge over the Avon River was closed for repairs and re-opened on 23 March. Five stringers were bolted to existing broken ones and some decking was renewed. Notices were erected limiting the bridge load weight to 5 tons and crossing speed to 15 mph.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 14 April 1956.
Central districts herald, 29 Mar. 1956, p.7.