This Day in History: 1955-05-02
The State Electricity Commission officially took over the Toodyay Road Board’s undertaking at the Power House (old Connor’s Mill) site. The SEC paid £5,750 for the undertakings, exclusive of land and buildings, and also bought the tools, fuel etc. at approved value. The SEC occasionally hired a room in the Toodyay Town Hall for the receiving payment of accounts (10/- per occasion).
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 14 Feb. 1955; 14 Mar. 1955; 2 May 1955; 14 May 1955.