This Day in History: 1954-10-29
The new Toodyay State School on its present site (School Road, now Drummond Street East) was officially opened by the Minister for Education, William Hegney. Mr. L. Thorn, M.L.A., Mr. H.W. Dettman (Education Dept.) and Mr. N. Jones (district supervisor of schools) were also present. Built of brick, the school consisted of four classrooms, a visual education room and library, office and staff room. There were 185 pupils, and four school buses. The students presented an historical pageant.
Northam advertiser, 5 Nov. 1954, p.1.
Central districts herald-tribune, 19 April 1979, p.3.