This Day in History: 1954-09-24
The new electric light contract commenced. The Toodyay Road Board had agreed to an annual contract (£2400) with Messrs. A. Peacock and F. Ashton to run and maintain the Toodyay electricity supply, due in part to the heavy wage costs to the Board of running the Toodyay Power House itself.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 13 Sept. 1954; 11 Oct. 1954.
Northam advertiser, 24 Sept. 1954, p.1.