This Day in History: 1954-07-10
Bolgart’s new golf course was officially opened by the course designer Sir John Dwyer, a day ealier than planned. An extra 9 holes had been added. The Ludemann Cup was the first event played on the new course, on the following day, a Sunday. This event had been played annually in Bolgart since 1937, except for 1953.
Northam advertiser & Toodyay times, 16 July 1954, pp.13, 14.