This Day in History: 1954-04-24
The renovated and extended Bolgart Memorial Hall was officially opened by Senator Harrie Stephen Seward. A ball followed in the new hall, which had been erected mainly by voluntary labour, aided by subscriptions. P.V. Edmonds was the President of the Bolgart Memorial Hall Committee and Mr. D. Djordjevic was the building contractor. The hall had increased floor space and a new large meeting room and kitchen. Bricks from the demolished Culham Agricultural Hall were used in the front extension.
Toodyay herald, 18 Dec. 1952, p.3; 30 April 1953, p.1.
West Australian, 1 May 1953, p.4.