This Day in History: 1953-10-20
The Governor approved the purchase by the Toodyay Road Board of Lot 1 of Toodyay Lot S6 (currently 98 Stirling Terrace), from Michael Vincent Keating, as a 7-room residence for the Toodyay Road Board Secretary. This house, next to the Road Board Chambers in the old Mechanics’ Institute building, had, much earlier, been the home of William Amed Demasson.
WA government gazette, 28 Aug. 1953, p.1606; 23 Oct. 1953, p. 2129.
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 14 Dec. 1953
Municipal inventory and heritage list (Shire of Toodyay). 2012, pp. 2740275 (photos).