This Day in History: 1952-10-26

The number of cricket teams playing in the Toodyay Cricket Association increased from four (Toodyay, Mercantiles, Calingiri and Bolgart) to six with the addition of Jennacubbine and East Calingiri. After playing for two years on the Toodyay Racecourse pitch, the Toodyay teams commenced using the newly constructed wicket at the Toodyay Showgrounds.

Toodyay herald, 23 Oct. 1952, p.1.