This Day in History: 1952-10-18
Sir Charles Latham M.L.C. again opened the Toodyay Agricultural Show. The Toodyay Showgrounds had been recently re-modelled. The luncheon and afternoon tea rooms had flyproof fittings, the sheep pens had been moved and new horse stalls had been installed. Sheep dog trials were a great attraction, with 21 dogs entered.
Toodyay herald, 23 Oct. 1952, p.1.