This Day in History: 1952-03-01
1952 March: Industrial Extracts Ltd.’s third factory (a tannin extracts plant) was nearing completion near Millard’s Pool (Avon River) on the Northam-Toodyay Road. The Managing Director was H.V. Marr and constructional engineer W. Graham. The factory was expected to treat 120 tons of white gum timber a day with an output of approximately 10 tons of tannin. Architect Mr. L. Lovell drew up the plans for the factory. The two 130 ft. chimney stacks were each erected in one piece.
Toodyay herald, 6 Mar. 1952, p.1; 13 Mar. 1952, p.1 (photo).
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.74.