This Day in History: 1951-10-13
Sir Charles Latham M.L.C. officially opened the Toodyay Jubilee Agricultural Show at the new modernized Toodyay Showgrounds. He also opened the new Exhibition Hall, now with electric lighting, in which was displayed all of the exhibits in the show, with the exception of the wool. A stone was laid to commemorate the Jubilee Year. Lindsay Thorn M.L.A., the Minister for Lands, also attended.
Toodyay herald, 11 Oct. 1951, p.1; 18 Oct. 1951, p.1 (photo).
West Australian, 13 Oct. 1951, p.2.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.98.