This Day in History: 1951-08-18

The Toodyay Road Board sold several lots of land between Arthur Street and Henry Street, Toodyay, to Industrial Extracts Ltd. The lots, known as Riley’s lots (Nos. Lots 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 and 17) were sold for £50, subject to the provision by Industrial Extracts of a 66 ft. wide connecting road along the Avon River bank.

Sources:
Toodyay Road Board minutes, 14 April 1951; 12 May 1951; 18 Aug. 1951; 10 Nov. 1951.