This Day in History: 1951-01-31
1951 January: The new ‘Connor’s Bridge’ on the Goomalling-Toodyay Road had been completed, having replaced the previous dangerous structure, also known as Connor’s Bridge (1924). The new 611-ft. long 18-ft. wide wooden bridge, over the Avon River, was mostly built of white gum with some jarrah. It was bolted together with 30 tons of bolts. At that time the bridge was the longest in the Toodyay district and one of the longest country bridges in the State. The bridge foreman was Mr. D. Hughes of Northam.
Toodyay herald, 1 Feb. 1951, p.1.