This Day in History: 1950-08-05
Industrial Extracts Ltd. Managing director H.V. Marr announced its £280,000 factory project for the Toodyay area, which was expected to employ over 100 workers locally. The new factory was to be located north of Northam on the main Northam-Toodyay Road. The company already operated two factories at Boddington and Belmont. The factory output was tannin extract, used chiefly overseas for oil drilling and the tanning of leather. The tannin was extracted from wandoo (white gum, Eucalyptus redunca) sawdust.
Sunday times, 6 Aug. 1950, p. 22 S.
Toodyay herald, 6 Mar. 1952, p.1.