This Day in History: 1950-01-20
Work had commenced on the building of Connor’s Bridge (No. 631), under the supervision of foreman Mr. D. Hughes of the Main Roads Dept. The 611-ft. bridge over the Avon River on the Goomalling-Toodyay Road, was built of wandoo (white gum) and jarrah, being the third bridge constructed on that site. The project took 12 months to complete.
Toodyay herald, 26 Jan. 1950, p.2; 1 Feb. 1951, p. 1.
Dr Ian Chandler. Some outcomes from load testing of Bridge 631 in Western Australia. 2004, p. 1 (Viewed on 6 June 2021): http://www.bridgeforum.com/files/pub/2004/austroads5/091_Chandler%20Austroads04.pdf