This Day in History: 1949-06-27
As the existing school building in Bolgart was not large enough to accommodate new pupils arriving by the new school service, children of the Bolgart School transferred to temporary premises in a disused shop (formerly Cook and Smith’s store) opposite the Bank of N.S.W. Members of the Bolgart Parents’ and Citizens’ Association undertook repairs and alterations. This temporary building was used until the new school was opened in 1951.
Toodyay herald, 2 June 1949, p.4; 23 June 1949, p.5; 14 July 1949, p.5.
West Australian, 28 June 1949, p.8.
Rica Erickson. The Victoria Plains. Lamb Paterson, 1971, p.174.