This Day in History: 1949-02-11
H.V. Marr, managing-director of Plaimar Ltd., secured a site of thirty acres on Lloyd’s Pool, on the Avon River, from Lloyd Bros, on which it was intended to build a factory to treat wandoo (white gum, Eucalyptus redunca) timber for a tannin extract known as ‘Myrtan’. The factory would be operated by its subsidiary Industrial Extracts Ltd. Negotiations had been proceeding for some time with the Toodyay Road Board acting on behalf of the district and Mr. Edward L. (Ted) Gumley acting for Mr. Marr.
Toodyay herald, 17 Feb. 1949, p.1; 16 June 1949, p.1.