This Day in History: 1947-06-02
The Toodyay Garage and Passenger Service (run by C.H. Prince and A. Booth) commenced using a new International powered Parlour Coach (‘Miss Toodyay’) on its daily Toodyay-Perth service. The old bus, ‘Recco’, was farewelled after travelling 140,000 miles in 2 years. Radio was installed in ‘Miss Toodyay’ to entertain the passengers on the 2-hour journey.
Toodyay herald, 23 May 1947, p.2; 6 June 1947, p.1; 13 June 1947, p.1.