This Day in History: 1947-04-04
It was reported that Edward L. (Ted) Gumley’s Mill, on Hamersley Street, Toodyay, had ceased operations after its recent re-opening, due mainly to an inability to secure sufficient labour to fell timber. The proprietors, Millars Timber and Trading Company, were to dismantle the machinery for dispatch to the South-West of WA after Easter. The Gumleys moved to Koojedda in May 1947.
Toodyay herald, 4 April 1947, p.1; 16 May 1947, p.1.