This Day in History: 1946-11-24
Toodyay Road Board Chairman Horace Charles Wood officially opened the four new tennis courts west of Lincoln Street, Toodyay, in what was the Magistrate’s Paddock. The courts, with a surface made of colass and sawdust, were largely planned by the Board’s Secretary-Engineer, Michael Vincent Keating, and constructed by Road Board staff. Toodyay Tennis Club President at that time was Alan R. Beever. Lincoln Street is now the walkway between courts 4 and 5.
Toodyay herald, 28 Nov. 1946, p.1; 24 Jan. 1947, p.1; Nov. 2002, p.8.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, pp.123-124.