This Day in History: 1940-04-27
It was reported that architects Messrs. Hobbs, Forbes and Partners, and Eales, Cohen and Fitzhardinge in association, had accepted the tender of Messrs. E. Baxter and Son, amounting to £3,511, for the erection of a single storey brick bank and manager’s residence for the Bolgart Branch of the Bank of New South Wales. The construction of the building was undertaken from May to August.
West Australian, 27 April 1940, p.9;
Toodyay herald, 31 May 1940, p.4; 2 Aug. 1940, p.4.