This Day in History: 1939-09-06
The CWA Rest Room on Stirling Terrace, Toodyay, was officially opened by Mrs. Archie Burt, State President of the Country Women’s Association of Western Australia. Mrs. M.G. Gadsdon was the Toodyay Branch President. The building was reconstructed by H.E. (Harry) Harders from the demolished Coondle Hall. The premises consisted of a Rest Room, with comfortable chairs, a bedroom furnished by the Bush Nursing Society for expectant and convalescent mothers of the Toodyay District, and a dance room. A number of oak memorial plaques had been installed.
Toodyay herald, 28 June 1939, p.6; 8 Sept. 1939, p.1; 22 Sept. 1939, p.6.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.47.