This Day in History: 1939-06-11
His Grace the Lord Archbishop of Perth and Primate of Australia, Dr Henry Frewen Le Fanu, consecrated St. Augustine’s Anglican Church in Bolgart. The church was built by Arthur Bateman, under the direction of architect Percy W. Harrison of Perth. The stone was quarried from ‘The Carroll’ property of W.G. Hawke, and the ceilings supplied by Brady & Co.
Toodyay herald, 9 June 1939, p.1; 16 June 1939, p.1.