This Day in History: 1938-08-20
The Toodyay Fire Station was opened by James Pollitt, Chairman of the Toodyay Road Board. The brick and corrugated asbestos building was erected by the W.A. Fire Brigades Board, having been designed by Perth architect Ken C. Duncan and built by H.E. (Harry) Harders, of Toodyay.
Plaque on building.
West Australian, 22 Feb. 1938, p.2.
Toodyay herald, 4 Nov. 1938, p.1; Dec. 2008, p.4.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, pp. 38, 178.