This Day in History: 1936-11-05
James Pollitt, Chairman of the Toodyay Road Board, presided over the official opening of the continuous electric light service in Toodyay. Mrs. Pollitt declared open the plant extensions and afternoon tea was served on the lawn in front of the Toodyay Power House. On the same evening, a camp fire concert and bonfire were held, when a large crowd attended to see the burning of the ‘guy’.
Toodyay herald, 13 Nov. 1936, p.1.
West Australian, 13 Nov. 1936, p.14.
Toodyay herald, Oct. 1991, p.5.