This Day in History: 1931-08-15
The Toodyay Road Board had been given permission by the Public Works Dept. to demolish part of the old police station on Fiennes Street, Toodyay. When the building was later demolished, a satchel of 19th century letters from Myra Sykes to her husband, expiree William Sykes, was found. The old building was originally the Toodyay Convict Depot Warders’ Quarters, which were later used as the police quarters and station until 1897.
Toodyay herald, 27 Aug, 1931, p.6.
Alison Cromb. The history of the Toodyay Convict Depot. A. Cromb, 2010, p.113.
Graham Seal. These few lines. ABC Books, 2006, p. viii.