This Day in History: 1931-02-15
The Toodyay Amateur Swimming Club was officially opened in the presence of a large number of members and guests assembled at Millard’s Pool in the Avon River at Nardie. The Chairman of the Toodyay Road Board, Mr. E.G. Hasson, declared the pool open, and promised that the Board would help the Club to provide the necessary facilities and conveniences for bathers. The pool was 2 ½ miles long and 30 ft. deep. A spring board and high diving stand had been erected, and provision had been made for non-swimmers.
West Australian, 6 Feb. 1931, p.20; 21 Feb. 1931, p.7.