This Day in History: 1930-07-27
The Lee Steere Cup competition was first played on the improved Toodyay golf links. Mr. Ernest Lee Steere had donated the cup, to be contested annually on the Toodyay golf links. A 30-hole handicap stroke, the competition was open to members of clubs affiliated with the Eastern Districts Golf Association. T. Donegan and J. O’ Connor tied for first place, with T. Donegan winning the replay.
Toodyay herald, 8 Aug. 1930, p.5;
West Australian, 3 June 1930, p.3; 31 July 1930, p.7.