This Day in History: 1929-09-12
The new girls’ dormitory building at the Toodyay Convent of Mercy was opened by Patrick Joseph Clune, Lord Archbishop of Perth. The single-storey building was built to accommodate 35 girls, and was strong enough to carry another storey, if required. The architect was Edgar Le B. Henderson.
Toodyay herald, 3 May 1929, p.2; Sept. 1987, p.8.
West Australian, 11 May 1929, p.8; 13 May 1929, p.12.