This Day in History: 1929-07-20
The new premises of the Toodyay Herald and the Ballidu-Wongan Budget were officially opened by Vernon Hamersley MLC, in the presence of a representative gathering of businessmen, including the owner Richard Stanley Sampson (United Press, Ltd.) and builder H.E. (Harry) Harders. Mr. Hasell, the brickmaker, had made the bricks for the building, located on Stirling Terrace, Toodyay.
Toodyay herald, 26 July 1929, p.2.
West Australian, 29 July 1929, p.12.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.178.