This Day in History: 1928-05-10
The new CWA Rest Room of the Toodyay Branch of the Country Women’s Association was officially opened by Mrs A.N. Piesse, the inaugural Branch President. The Branch, then the second largest branch in the State, had fitted up two rooms as a rest room and a kitchenette, in the premises of the delicensed Toodyay Wine Saloon, Stirling Terrace, not far from the Railway Station. A large crowd was present, including special guests from the Calingiri Branch of the CWA.
Toodyay herald, 4 May 1928, p.2; 25 May 1928, p.2.
West Australian, 22 May 1928, p.7; 29 May 1928, p.5; 1 June 1928, p.8.