This Day in History: 1927-06-21
A public meeting was held in Toodyay Road Board Chambers (now part of the Memorial Hall) to consider the advisability of closing the Toodyay Hospital, with Jonathan Somers presiding over a meeting of almost 60 people. It was decided that the hospital would be kept open. A Management Committee was appointed, with Thomas John Donegan as secretary. Representatives from Bolgart, Calingiri and Nunyle would be elected by the public bodies in those centres. A creation of a ladies’ committee was also approved.
Toodyay herald, 25 June 1927, p.1.
West Australian, 28 June 1927, p.5.