This Day in History: 1927-02-01
Mr. Cass took over the electric light station on behalf of the Toodyay Road Board, which had recently negotiated a loan of £5,000 for the purpose. It was the intention of the Board to install a new plant, and to overhaul the street equipment, providing additional lights where required. Tenders were soon called for the installation of two crude oil Petter engines.
Toodyay herald, 5 Feb. 1927, p.2.
West Australian, 4 Feb. 1927, p.1; 8 Feb. 1927, p.4.