This Day in History: 1924-05-11
In front of a large crowd, Patrick Joseph Clune, Lord Archbishop of Perth, officially opened the Roman Catholic Presbytery on Stirling Terrace, Toodyay. The Rev. Father McBride was the resident priest. The Presbytery cost £1,300 to build, and was fitted with sewerage and other modern conveniences. Mr. and Mrs. B.M. Connor’s good work on behalf of the church and convent was noted.
Toodyay herald, 17 May 1924, p.2.
West Australian, 20 May 1924, p.4.
Alf T. Thomas. A history of Toodyay. Toodyay Road Board, 1949, p.38.