This Day in History: 1923-07-13
The Premier, Sir James Mitchell, visited Toodyay at the invitation of the Toodyay Road Board. He was welcomed by Jonathan Somers (Chairman), members of the Board and representatives of the Toodyay Progress Association and other public bodies, and the public generally. In the Road Board Chambers, a fine show of local products, including potatoes, oranges, dried fruits, etc., was displayed, which Sir James took back to Perth. The Premier mentioned he had lived in Toodyay as a boy.
Toodyay herald, 14 July 1923, p.5; 21 July 1923, p.2.
West Australian, 16 July 1923, p.8; 25 July 1923, p.6.