This Day in History: 1923-04-16
Charles H. Doust opened his modern Toodyay Motor Garage business serving local and passing motorists in new premises built for Thomas John Donegan next to Donegan’s Victoria Hotel in Stirling Terrace, Toodyay. This was a building next to the Billiard Saloon, no longer extant.
Toodyay herald, 17 Mar. 1923, p.6; 14 April 1923, p.10, Supp.
Wally Chitty. Toodyay – the good old days. Hesperian Press, 2004, p.40 (photo).